Best Books to Learn Spanish
Looking for good books to learn Spanish? On this page you’ll find a curated list of the best books to learn Spanish from beginner to advanced.
The list of best books to learn Spanish contain common phrases, vocabulary and grammar. Enjoy!
The 10 Best Books to Learn Spanish Of All Time
1. Stories from Mexico: Historias de Mexico by Genevieve Barlow and William N. Stivers
Synopsis: In “Stories from Mexico/Historias de Mexico,” we’ve placed the Spanish and English stories side by side–“lado a lado”–so you can practice and improve your reading skills in your new language while enjoying the support of your native language. This way, you’ll avoid the inconvenience of constantly having to look up unfamiliar words and expressions in a dictionary.
2. Breaking Out of Beginner’s Spanish by Joseph J. Keenan
Synopsis: Many language books are boring–this one is not. Written by a native English speaker who learned Spanish the hard way–by trying to talk to Spanish-speaking people–it offers English speakers with a basic knowledge of Spanish hundreds of tips for using the language more fluently and colloquially, with fewer obvious “gringo” errors.
3. Spanish Novels: Amor online by Paco Ardit
Synopsis: Learning with Spanish Novels is easy and straightforward. Forget about difficult long texts with English-translations. This book for Spanish learners is not like that. It will take you to the next level in less time.
4. First Spanish Reader for beginners by Maria Victoria De Stefano
Synopsis: The book consists of Beginner and Elementary courses with parallel Spanish-English texts. The author maintains learners’ motivation with funny stories about real life situations such as meeting people, studying, job searches, working etc.
5. Spanish for Reading: A Self-Instructional Course by Fabiola Franco
Synopsis: A unique approach to Spanish reading comprehension, Spanish for Reading can be used as a textbook supplement in classrooms or by anybody who is teaching himself Spanish. It begins by demonstrating similarities between words and parts of words in Spanish and English, and proceeds to offer practical instruction that will help readers broaden recognition of words and phrases.
6. Collins 40 Minute Latin American Spanish: Learn to Speak Latin American Spanish in Minutes with Collins by Collins
Synopsis: Collins Gem Phrase Books are designed for ease of use, with practical, flexible phrases that can be adapted to suit the needs of the traveler.
7. Bestiario by Julio Cortázar
Synopsis: These stories, which talk about objects and everyday events, go to the dimension of the nightmare or revelation in a natural and imperceptible way. Surprise or discomfort are, in each text, a condiment that adds to the indescribable pleasure of reading.
8. Webster’s Spanish-English Dictionary for Students by Merriam-Webster
Synopsis: Ideal for English and Spanish speakers, this bidirectional dictionary defines the core vocabularies of Latin-American Spanish and American English.
9. A New Reference Grammar of Modern Spanish by John Butt, Carmen Benjamin and Antonia Moreira Rodríguez
Synopsis: A New Reference Grammar of Modern Spanish has established itself as the standard English-language reference grammar for the Spanish language. It provides a comprehensive, accessible, and jargon-free guide to the forms and structures of Spanish as it is currently spoken and written in Spain and Latin America.
10. Learn Spanish by Telling Stories: Not for Beginners, Not Quick and Easy, but Really Effective by John Del Gaudio
Synopsis: In this book, John Del Gaudio explains how he learned children’s stories by heart to tell to his friends’ kids when he lived in Mexico and Colombia. In doing so, even though he was already fluent, he greatly enhanced his communication skills in Spanish and became an instant hit with the kids and their parents.
Popular Reading Lists
- 10 Best Art Books
- 10 Best Art History Book
- 10 Best Adult Coloring Books
- 10 Best Video Game Art Books
- 10 Best Books on Writing
- 10 Best Books on Creativity
- 10 Best Coffee Table Books
- 10 Best Dog Training Books
- 10 Best Photobooks
- 10 Best Photography Books
- 10 Best Poetry Books
- 10 Best Books on Artificial Intelligence
- 10 Best Data Science Books
- 10 Best Comic Books