Best Christian Marriage Books
Looking for good Christian marriage books to read? On this page, you’ll find a curated list of the best christian marriage books every couple should read.
The list of best Christian marriage books below, include must reads for both married couples and premarital couples. Enjoy!
The 10 Best Christian Marriage Books
1. The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate by Gary Chapman
Synopsis: Couples who understand each other’s love language hold a priceless advantage in the quest for love that lasts a lifetime — they know how to effectively and consistently make each other feel truly and deeply loved. That gift never fades away.
2. Love and Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs by Emerson Eggerichs
Synopsis: Love & Respect reveals why spouses react negatively to each other, and how they can deal with such conflict quickly, easily, and biblically.
3. The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian
Synopsis: Every woman who desires a closer relationship with her husband will appreciate this refreshing look at the power of prayer in marriage. Along with real-life illustrations, Stormie also includes sample prayers and “power tools”–verses that inspire and encourage–to help wives rest in the assurance of God’s wonderful promises of restoration, renewal, and growth in marriage.
4. The Meaning of Marriage: Facing the Complexities of Commitment with the Wisdom of God by Timothy J. Keller and Kathy Keller
Synopsis: An extraordinarily insightful look at the keys to happiness in marriage that will inspire Christians, skeptics, singles, long-time married couples, and those about to be engaged.
5. His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage by Willard F. Harley Jr.
Synopsis: In His Needs, Her Needs, Willard Harley identifies the ten most vital needs of men and women and shows husbands and wives how to satisfy those needs in their spouses.
6. Fighting for Love: Divine Secrets to a Happy Relationship by Liliya Akhmadeeva
Synopsis: Christian inspirational literature. A girl receives a house as a gift from God. Soon her happiness turns into sadness as she realizes how challenging it is to keep her house beautiful and attractive. Together with God she works out the most difficult issues and comes to an understanding what it means to be ‘the most desirable woman’ in a relationship.
7. Sacred Marriage: Celebrating Marriage as a Spiritual Discipline by Gary L. Thomas
Synopsis: Starting with the discovery that the goal of marriage goes beyond personal happiness, writer and speaker Gary Thomas invites readers to see how God can use marriage as a discipline and a motivation to love Him more and reflect more of the character of His Son.
8. For Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men by Shaunti Feldhahn
Synopsis: What’s going on in a man’s mind? From their early days, every woman has struggled to understand why males behave the way they do. Even long-married women who think they understand men have only scratched the surface. Beneath a man’s rugged exterior is an even more rugged, unmapped terrain.
9. Is God saying He’s the One?: Hearing from Heaven about That Man in Your Life by Susan Rohrer
Synopsis: Maybe you find yourself asking these questions. They might even predominate your thoughts and prayers. You may be wondering if the answers you’re hearing really are from heaven and, if so, what to do about it.
10. When Sinners Say “I Do”: Discovering the Power of the Gospel for Marriage by Dave Harvey
Synopsis: Dave’s writing style embraces the reader as he speaks honestly, and sometimes humorously, about sin and the power of the gospel to overcome it. He opens the delightful truth of God s word and encourages the reader to see more clearly the glorious picture of what God does when sinners say “I do.”
Popular Reading Lists
- 10 Best Self-Help Books
- 10 Best Self-Help Books for Men
- 10 Best Self-Help Books for Women
- 10 Best Christian Self-Help Books
- 10 Best Meditation Books
- 10 Best Motivational Books
- 10 Best Psychology Books
- 10 Best Social Psychology Books
- 10 Best Christian Books
- 10 Best Christian Books for Women
- 10 Best Christian Fiction Books
- 10 Best Christian Parenting Books
- 10 Best Books for Men