Best Christian Parenting Books
Looking for good Christian parenting books? On this page, you’ll find a curated list of the best Christian parenting books of all time. Enjoy!
The 10 Best Christian Parenting Books
1. Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp
Synopsis: Shepherding a Child’s Heart is about how to speak to the heart of your child. The things your child does and says flow from the heart. Luke 6:45 puts it this way: “…out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.”
2. The Five Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell
Synopsis: Since 1992, Gary Chapman’s bestselling book “The Five Love Languages” has helped more than 300,00 couples develop stronger, more fulfilling relationships by teaching them to speak one another’s love language. Now Chapman teams with Ross Campbell, author of best-seller “How to Really Love Your Child,” to help parents speak their child’s love language.
3. Grace-Based Parenting by Tim Kimmel
Synopsis: Rejecting rigid rules and checklists that don’t work, Dr. Kimmel recommends a parenting style that mirrors God’s love, reflects His forgiveness, and displaces fear as a motivator for behavior.
4. Bringing Up Boys by James C. Dobson
Synopsis: Parents, teachers, and others involved in shaping the character of boys have lots of questions. In “Bringing Up Boys, ” Dr. Dobson tackles these questions and offers advice and encouragement based on a firm foundation of biblical principles.
5. Don’t Make Me Count to Three by Ginger Plowman
Synopsis: Through personal experience and the practical application of Scripture, Ginger Hubbard encourages and equips moms to reach past the outward behavior of their children and dive deeply into the issues of the heart.
6. Give Them Grace: Dazzling Your Kids with the Love of Jesus by Elyse M. Fitzpatrick and Jessica Thompson
Synopsis: Give Them Grace is a revolutionary perspective on parenting that shows us how to receive the gospel afresh and give grace in abundance, helping our children know the dazzling love of Jesus and respond with heartfelt obedience.
7. Missional Motherhood: The Everyday Ministry of Motherhood in the Grand Plan of God by Gloria Furman
Synopsis: In this book, Gloria Furman searches the Scriptures for the mission of God in motherhood. She opens our eyes to God’s life-giving promises–promises intended to empower each and every woman as she makes disciples in her home, in her neighborhood, and around the world.
8. The Duties Of Parents by J.C. Ryle
Synopsis: Often children are not trained the way they should go, for when they grow up they do not walk with God. Bishop Ryle shows parents their duty to go forward and obey God’s commands.
9. Creative Correction: Extraordinary Ideas For Everyday Discipline by Lisa Whelchel
Synopsis: In Creative Correction , Lisa Whelchel offers refreshing ideas to help you win the discipline battle. This fun, easy-to-use book includes a chapter specifically on toddlers and small group study questions. It is laid out in a user-friendly manner with toolbox sections full of creative, practical ideas and a topical index.
10. Family Driven Faith: Doing What It Takes to Raise Sons and Daughters Who Walk with God by Voddie T. Baucham Jr.
Synopsis: This bold book is an urgent call to parents–and the church–to return to biblical discipleship in and through the home.
Popular Reading Lists
- 10 Best Self-Help Books
- 10 Best Self-Help Books for Men
- 10 Best Self-Help Books for Women
- 10 Best Christian Self-Help Books
- 10 Best Meditation Books
- 10 Best Motivational Books
- 10 Best Psychology Books
- 10 Best Social Psychology Books
- 10 Best Christian Books
- 10 Best Christian Books for Women
- 10 Best Christian Fiction Books
- 10 Best Christian Marriage Books
- 10 Best Children’s Books
- 10 Best Books for Toddlers