Best Christian Self-Help Books
Looking for good Christian self-help books to read? On this page, you’ll find a curated list of the best Christian self-help books that will strengthen your relationship with God. Enjoy!
The 10 Best Christian Self-Help Books
1. Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life by Henry Cloud
Synopsis: Having clear boundaries is essential to a healthy, balanced lifestyle. A boundary is a personal property line that marks those things for which we are responsible. In other words, boundaries define who we are and who we are not.
2. The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here for? by Rick Warren
Synopsis: Rick Warren will guide you through a personal forty-day spiritual journey that will transform your answer to life’s most important question: What on earth am I here for?
3. The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown
Synopsis: New York Times best-selling author and professor Brené Brown offers a powerful and inspiring book that explores how to cultivate the courage, compassion, and connection to embrace your imperfections and to recognize that you are enough.
4. Reshaping It All: Motivation for Physical and Spiritual Fitness by Candace Cameron Bure
Synopsis: More than a testimony, here is a motivational tool that will put readers on the right track and keep them there. In addition to practical advice, Candace offers a biblical perspective on appetite and self control that provides encouragement to women, guiding them toward freedom.
5. Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman’s Soul by John Eldredge and Stasi Eldredge
Synopsis: The message of “Captivating” is this: Your heart matters more than anything else in all creation. The desires you had as a little girl and the longings you still feel are telling you of the life God created you to live.
6. Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions by Lysa TerKeurst
Synopsis: God gave us emotions to experience life, not destroy it! Lysa TerKeurst admits that she, like most women, has had experiences where others bump into her happy and she comes emotionally unglued. We stuff, we explode, or we react somewhere in between. What do we do with these raw emotions?
7. Love and Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs by Emerson Eggerichs
Synopsis: Love & Respect reveals why spouses react negatively to each other, and how they can deal with such conflict quickly, easily, and biblically.
8. Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
Synopsis: Mere Christianity is C.S. Lewis’s forceful and accessible doctrine of Christian belief. First heard as informal radio broadcasts and then published as three separate books – The Case for Christianity, Christian Behavior, and Beyond Personality – Mere Christianity brings together what Lewis saw as the fundamental truths of the religion.
9. Battlefield Of The Mind: Winning The Battle In Your Mind by Joyce Meyer
Synopsis: Worry, doubt, confusion, depression, anger and feelings of condemnation: all these are attacks on the mind. If readers suffer from negative thoughts, they can take heart! Joyce Meyer has helped millions win these all-important battles. In her most popular bestseller ever, the beloved author and minister shows readers how to change their lives by changing their minds.
10. 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker
Synopsis: 7 is the true story of how Jen (along with her husband and her children to varying degrees) took seven months, identified seven areas of excess, and made seven simple choices to fight back against the modern-day diseases of greed, materialism, and overindulgence.
Popular Reading Lists
- 10 Best Self-Help Books
- 10 Best Self-Help Books for Men
- 10 Best Self-Help Books for Women
- 10 Best Meditation Books
- 10 Best Motivational Books
- 10 Best Psychology Books
- 10 Best Social Psychology Books
- 10 Best Christian Books
- 10 Best Christian Books for Women
- 10 Best Christian Fiction Books
- 10 Best Christian Marriage Books
- 10 Best Christian Parenting Books
- 10 Best Books for Men