Best Social Psychology Books
Looking for good social psychology books? On this page you’ll find a curated list of the best social psychology books of all time. Enjoy!
The 10 Best Social Psychology Books
1. The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell
Synopsis: The tipping point is that magic moment when an idea, trend, or social behavior crosses a threshold, tips, and spreads like wildfire. Just as a single sick person can start an epidemic of the flu, so too can a small but precisely targeted push cause a fashion trend, the popularity of a new product, or a drop in the crime rate.
2. Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell
Synopsis: Blink is a book about how we think without thinking, about choices that seem to be made in an instant – in the blink of an eye – that actually aren’t as simple as they seem.
3. Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
Synopsis: In the highly anticipated Thinking, Fast and Slow, Kahneman takes us on a groundbreaking tour of the mind and explains the two systems that drive the way we think. System 1 is fast, intuitive, and emotional; System 2 is slower, more deliberative, and more logical.
4. Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini
Synopsis: Influence, the classic book on persuasion, explains the psychology of why people say “yes”—and how to apply these understandings. Dr. Robert Cialdini is the seminal expert in the rapidly expanding field of influence and persuasion. His thirty-five years of rigorous, evidence-based research along with a three-year program of study on what moves people to change behavior has resulted in this highly acclaimed book.
5. The Social Animal by Elliot Aronson
Synopsis: Through vivid narrative, lively presentations of important research, and intriguing examples, Elliot Aronson probes the patterns and motives of human behavior, covering such diverse topics as terrorism, conformity, obedience, politics, race relations, advertising, war, interpersonal attraction, and the power of religious cults.
6. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
Synopsis: In Quiet, Susan Cain argues that we dramatically undervalue introverts and shows how much we lose in doing so. She charts the rise of the Extrovert Ideal throughout the twentieth century and explores how deeply it has come to permeate our culture.
7. Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions by Dan Ariely
Synopsis: From drinking coffee to losing weight, from buying a car to choosing a romantic partner, Ariely explains how to break through these systematic patterns of thought to make better decisions. “Predictably Irrational” will change the way we interact with the world–one small decision at a time.
8. Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
Synopsis: In this stunning new book, Malcolm Gladwell takes us on an intellectual journey through the world of “outliers”–the best and the brightest, the most famous and the most successful. He asks the question: what makes high-achievers different?
9. The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
Synopsis: In The Power of Habit, award-winning New York Times business reporter Charles Duhigg takes us to the thrilling edge of scientific discoveries that explain why habits exist and how they can be changed. With penetrating intelligence and an ability to distill vast amounts of information into engrossing narratives, Duhigg brings to life a whole new understanding of human nature and its potential for transformation.
10. The Lucifer Effect: Understanding How Good People Turn Evil by Philip G. Zimbardo
Synopsis: The Lucifer Effect explains how—and the myriad reasons why—we are all susceptible to the lure of “the dark side.” Drawing on examples from history as well as his own trailblazing research, Zimbardo details how situational forces and group dynamics can work in concert to make monsters out of decent men and women.
Popular Reading Lists
- 10 Best Self-Help Books
- 10 Best Self-Help Books for Men
- 10 Best Self-Help Books for Women
- 10 Best Christian Self-Help Books
- 10 Best Meditation Books
- 10 Best Motivational Books
- 10 Best Psychology Books
- 10 Best Christian Books
- 10 Best Christian Books for Women
- 10 Best Christian Fiction Books
- 10 Best Christian Marriage Books
- 10 Best Christian Parenting Books
- 10 Best Books for Men