Best Vegetarian Cookbooks
Looking for good vegetarian cookbooks? On this page, you’ll find a curated list of the best vegetarian cookbooks of all time. Enjoy!
The 10 Best Vegetarian Cookbooks of All Time
1. Plenty by Yotam Ottolenghi
Synopsis: Yotam’s food inspiration comes from his strong Mediterranean background and his unapologetic love of ingredients. Not a vegetarian himself, his approach to vegetable dishes is wholly original and innovative, based on strong flavours and stunning, fresh combinations.
2. Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison
Synopsis: Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone is the most comprehensive vegetarian cookbook ever published. The recipes, which range from appetizers to desserts, are colorful and imaginative as well as familiar and comforting.
3. Madhur Jaffrey’s World Vegetarian: More Than 650 Meatless Recipes from Around the World by Madhur Jaffrey
Synopsis: In her most comprehensive volume yet, Madhur Jaffrey draws on more than four decades of culinary adventures, travels, and experimentation for a diverse collection that both intrigues and delights the palate. Dishes from five continents touch on virtually all the world’s best loved flavors, for a unsurpassed selection of vegetarian fare.
4. The Moosewood Cookbook: Recipes from Moosewood Restaurant, Ithaca, New York by Mollie Katzen
Synopsis: Among the most influential cookbooks of our time, the Moosewood Cookbook is such a powerful symbol that the publishers were tempted not to tamper with it. But times have changed, and knowledge about the foods we eat and their nutritional value has increased. So, after many inquiries and requests, the author has revised many of her recipes to be lighter and healthier.
5. The New Enchanted Broccoli Forest by Mollie Katzen
Synopsis: This second volume in Mollie Katzen’s classic cooking series features over 200 vegetarian recipes and a bounty of kitchen guidance from one of America’s dearest cookbook authors.
6. The French Market Cookbook: Vegetarian Recipes from My Parisian Kitchen by Clotilde Dusoulier
Synopsis: Cook from the farmer’s market with inspired vegetarian recipes—many of which are gluten-free and dairy-free—with a French twist, all highlighting seasonal produce.
7. How to Cook Everything Vegetarian: Simple Meatless Recipes for Great Food by Mark Bittman
Synopsis: How to Cook Everything: Vegetarian includes more than 2,000 recipes and variations-far more than any other vegetarian cookbook. As always, Bittman’s recipes are refreshingly straightforward, resolutely unfussy, and unfailingly delicious-producing dishes that home cooks can prepare with ease and serve with confidence.
8. Passionate Vegetarian by Crescent Dragonwagon
Synopsis: Introducing a new voice in vegetarian cooking. Packed with 1,000 recipes that are seductive, sexy, and utterly delicious, Passionate Vegetarian covers all the bases of meatless cooking, from east (Stir Fry of Asparagus with Black Bean-Ginger Sauce), west (Talk of the Town Barbecued Tofu), from the Mediterranean (Swiss Chard with Raisins, Onions & Olives) to the American South (Black-Eyed Pea Ragovt).
9. Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: Eat Like You Give a F*ck by Thug Kitchen, Matt Holloway, Michelle Davis
Synopsis: Thug Kitchen lives in the real world. In their first cookbook, they’re throwing down more than 100 recipes for their best-loved meals, snacks, and sides for beginning cooks to home chefs. (Roasted Beer and Lime Cauliflower Tacos? Pumpkin Chili? Grilled Peach Salsa? Believe that sh*t.) Plus they’re going to arm you with all the info and techniques you need to shop on a budget and go and kick a bunch of ass on your own.
10. The Vegetarian Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary Creativity with Vegetables, Fruits, Grains, Legumes, Nuts, Seeds, and More, Based on the Wisdom of Leading American Chefs by Karen Page
Synopsis: The Vegetarian Flavor Bible is the ideal reference for the way millions of people cook and eat today– vegetarians, vegans, and omnivores alike. This groundbreaking book will empower both home cooks and professional chefs to create more compassionate, healthful, and flavorful cuisine.
Popular Reading Lists
- 10 Best Cookbooks
- 10 Best Indian Cookbooks
- 10 Best Nutrition Books
- 10 Best Vegan Cookbooks
- 10 Best Weight Loss Books
- 10 Best Yoga Books
- 10 Best Motivational Books
- 10 Best Meditation Books
- 10 Best Self-Help Books