“The person who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The person who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever seen before.”
— Albert Einstein, Nobel Prize Winner and Physicist
Elon Musk’s First Principles Thinking: How to Think and Solve Difficult Problems Like a Genius
What separates great thinkers like Aristotle, Nikola Tesla, and Albert Einstein from others? The secret isn’t hard work or talent. It’s how they think.
Great thinkers think in ‘first principles.’ In layman’s terms, first principles thinking is the process of breaking down your assumptions into fundamental truths and reconstructing them in new ways like a newborn baby…
WHOOPS! You just stepped on premium members content.
This edition of The Smarter Brain is exclusive to premium members (Already a member? Log in here.)
As a premium member, you’ll get access to:
- The best ideas across the noisy internet to think better, make better decisions, and live a better life.
- Free visual illustrations of mental models (powerful thinking tools great decision-makers use to solve difficult problems and make better decisions.)
- A concise commentary and summary of the most important points from the best articles to save you valuable time.
- Full access to the archives, including well-researched articles on habits, productivity, and decision-making.
- Book recommendations (inc. recommended podcasts and videos) to get smarter.
- Bonus exclusive access to upcoming premium content, courses, and products, before anyone else.
- Full control over your account. Cancel anytime.
The Smarter Brain members are smart, curious minds including investors, CEOs, authors, scientists, artists, and more.
“I appreciate that you provide unbiased, well-researched information. I feel a little smarter after I read your words!”
— Nikki, The Smarter Brain member
“It is so nice being able to learn new things/ideas without having to spend hours sifting through information on the internet or reading books. I also really like that your newsletters are not biased and don’t get political.”
— Jalena, The Smarter Brain member
“I think your newsletters have 6 and 7 figure impacts on me and my business, anyone worth their salt would also recognize that.”
— Miles Rice, The Smarter Brain member
Gain an edge in life, work, and business:Click here to read Frequently-Asked Questions
Is it safe and secure for me to make a payment?
Yes. Your card details will be safely processed by stripe and your privacy is fully protected. In addition, this website is secured by SSL certificate.
How do I cancel my plan?
Once you become a member, you’ll get access to manage your account. You will have full control over your account to cancel at any time.
Do you offer a student discount?
Yes. Get in touch with a request including a reference to your verifiable student email address.
Can I read via the website or RSS?
Yes. In addition to emails, you can read on the site and use the You don’t have access to this RSS feed. (premium members only).
I can’t purchase or login?
Switch browsers or check the security setting of your browser to see 3rd-party cookies are disabled. If you’re still struggling, get in touch.
Can I switch to an annual plan?
Yes. Visit your account page and select annual plan. You’ll be charged immediately for a duration of one year from your existing expiration date.